Search This Blog

Monday, October 20, 2014

REAL Pumpkin Preschool Crafts

Pumpkin Crafts using REAL pumpkins!
 
 
 
Painting Pumpkins:

There's something special about painting pumpkins.  The kids absolutely LOVE it!

I like to use the small pumpkins for painting. I bought mine at Wal-Mart. They came in a bag of 5 pumpkins.

Use acrylic paints (unfortunately the washable paints crack and flake off). I use large shirts to protect the kids' clothes.

Pumpkin Crayon Melting:


I've used the crayon melting technique before when making mother's day gifts.  It's so much fun!! The kids think its great using the blow dryer to melt the crayons.
 
My pumpkins didn't turn out as cute as the one I got the idea from.  I think they must have used large pumpkins and full sized crayons. 
 
I used the small pumpkins for this craft.  Hot glue 1/4 sized crayons all around the stem.  Use a hair dryer to melt the crayons.  Be careful!!  The melted crayon splatters all over!  Protect your working area.

Click here for more pumpkin crafts.
 
Click here for a P is for Pumpkin handwriting worksheet to go along with these Pumpkin activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment