Here is the list of activities for my annual preschool Halloween party.
Keep the following in mind as you prepare a party for 2-4 year olds:
- More is NOT always better.
- Happy (non stressed) adults, make for happy (non stressed) kids.
Frozen Chocolate Bananas --The 36th Avenue Have the kids help make these the day before the party. They take 4 hours to freeze.
Halloween Spaghetti --The 36th Avenue
Games (Each Child is given a take home bag to collect their prizes)
Halloween Bingo --DLTK-Kids Make these cards prior to the party. Laminate them to use for your Halloween party every year. Use candy corn for markers. Give out fun Halloween prizes if they get a BINGO!
Musical Ghost Game --Crafts For Kids' Minds. Click here for game directions and free ghost template printable.
Beaded Ghost Necklace --Crafts For Kids' Minds
Spider Ring --Fantastic Fun and Learning I'll be making these ahead of time to give as prizes during the Musical Ghost Game.
Here is a tip for Daycare/Preschool teachers: Follow your normal structured day to prevent chaos. For an example, this is my normal schedule & the (substituted party activities). Children come dressed in costume on Halloween.
- 9:00am: Normal play time (add Halloween toys to the mix)
- 9:30am: Clean up then story time (read a Halloween story)
- 9:45am: Circle time/Singing Time (Play Halloween Bingo on the circle time rug)
- 10:00am: Snack time (Eat Frozen Chocolate Bananas)
- 10:15am: Play outside
- 10:45am: Art (Make Beaded Ghost Necklaces)
- 11:00am: Music & Movement (Play Musical Ghosts)
Same schedule, with fun party activities included in the mix. And the kids just thought they were having a party! They didn't even realize how much they were learning! Make learning FUN!!